Building Cover

This covers both buildings and other permanent fixtures, such as:
  • Outbuildings
  • Fixtures and fittings
  • Interior decorations
  • Fences and walls
How much buildings cover should I choose?

The rebuild of your home should be based on the cost to build your home as it stands in the event of it being destroyed, not the market or sale value.

You can find an accurate rebuild of your home if you visit the Chartered Surveyors website.

Contents cover
  • Covers household goods and any personal belongings,
  • Covers contents belonging to you and any member of your household
In simple terms if you were to move out of your home tomorrow your contents are anything that you would take with you, it does NOT include fitted kitchens built in wardrobes and the like.

Accidental Damage, what is it?
Accidental damage provides cover for property damage caused by unexpected or accidental incidents. For example, spilling paint accidentally on a carpet or putting a foot through the attic floor.

Specified and unspecified all risks?
Specified All Risk is when cover is required on a specific item for a specific amount e.g. an engagement ring valued at €6,000. By specifying the item it will also offer you cover outside of the home in the event of loss or theft.

Unspecified All Risks is like an umbrella cover where the Insured is covered for a number of different personal items that are normally worn or carried on their person while out and about. Different companies offer different levels of cover for this depending on your needs.

What is considered a standard/non-standard construction?
Standard construction is a building constructed of brick, stone or concrete this includes timber framed homes with concrete brick external cladding, and roofed at least 70% with slates, tiles, metal, concrete or asphalt.

Non-standard construction would be a house with a torch on felt timber roof, a log/timber house or a thatched roof.


Need help? Try our home insurance guides


Holiday home insurance

If you are lucky enough to own a holiday home, you will want to protect your property in case something goes wrong.

Home insurance guide

Our guide to finding the right home insurance deal


Tenants insurance

Protect the contents of your rented property for less.

Insure4less Teoranta is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.